Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice asap...

Options
  • 18-01-2013 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey! Im 20 years old and in a loving, stable relationship. Weve been together nearly 2 years, living together a year. Im 10 days late and Ive taken 2 pregnancy tests, both negative. Ive got a few other symptoms but they are very similiar to my PMS symptoms. Im not on the pill we use old fashioned condoms. Im not even nearly ready to bring a child into this world. Anyone have any advice? :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Go to your GP asap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭julyjane

If you're 10 days late and have had 2 negative tests then you are more than likely not pregnant, you could have just had a long cycle this month for some reason. However if you're worried go see a GP or repeat the test a week later using first morning urine. If you do find you are pregnant, don't worry, a huge number of pregnancies are unplanned, there is a world of advice on www.positiveoptions.ie

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

There are quite a few non-pregnancy related reasons why a period gets delayed or just doesnt show up, luckily most of them are easy fixed :)

Pregnancy tests are super-sensitive so would HAVE to pick up the hormone by 10 days past your due date, so if you got negatives then its likely you are not pregnant, especially if you test with first morning urine.

Your GP can do a blood test that can maybe provide information on why your cycle is erratic. Everything is easier once you know what you are dealing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Going anonymous for this. Bronze has your period started?

I'm in same boat as you, my period is 15 days late but I have the coil. I've done 3 tesco pregnancy test two days apart last week and a clearblue digital today. I was shocked when I seen it say not pregnant as I was feeling sick all morning. It's very strange as my body doesn't feel pre menstrual at all. Tmi I'm so horny at the moment which is a change for me.

All I want is a answer would love a baby even though I'm back in college but would be equally be as happy waiting another year.

Advertisement