Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engraved Dom Perignon for Anniversary.

Options
  • 18-01-2013 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

My parents are 25years married in February and I'm looking to get them an engraved bottle of Dom Perignon.. Can anyone give me some advice on where in Ireland I can get something like it? I've looked it up online and I can get it shipped from the UK but I'd rather try and get it in Ireland first. As regards budget the absolute max would be €250

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Try Mitchells

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭k_smash

Bateman wrote: »
    Try Mitchells

Thanks.. Where's Mitchell's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

k_smash wrote: »
    My parents are 25years married in February and I'm looking to get them an engraved bottle of Dom Perignon.. Can anyone give me some advice on where in Ireland I can get something like it? I've looked it up online and I can get it shipped from the UK but I'd rather try and get it in Ireland first. As regards budget the absolute max would be €250

You are I assuming talking about http://www.wheelersluxurygifts.com/shop/c/1243// if you ring wheelers they may give a discount, so 110 plus 15 plus p&p of 25 so about 150 stg.

I would think the only way to get something like that in ireland is to buy the Dom cost between €125 and €150, (tescos have 25% off at the moment 6 bottles or more buy 5 cheap wines plus the Dom) for current vintage, and have it engraved by a trophy shop, risky if they break the bottle. Another option is to get a bottle and buy a silver neck label and have that engraved. Another option is to get the Dom with flutes and have the flutes engraved, good off licence may have the gift set expect it to be about 150-175 if you can find it.

As an aside if you can get the 2002 vintage it's really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭k_smash

Thanks for the replies.. The research continues. I'm willing to get it from the uk but I'm worried about the transport... Breakage or something..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

k_smash wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies.. The research continues. I'm willing to get it from the uk but I'm worried about the transport... Breakage or something..

It should be insured, to be honest I would prefer 2 bottles rather than one engraved. You should get two bottles in tesco at the moment for €250. Also please don't keep it for too long as most people don't have the storage to keep such a bottle for more than a few years, hope they pop it open on the night.

Advertisement