Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford kayaking

Options
  • 17-01-2013 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi is there anyone kayaking in Wexford. I would like to get into it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Shielbaggan oec would probably be able to help, I know paddy who runs www.pureadventure.ie/ sometimes work there. But I suppose what kind of kayaking you do for rivers I know shielbaggan use Clashganny quite a bit. I've seen paddy there a few times myself last summer. Afaik Wexford isn't that good for rivers but if you want to do kayak surfing you've plenty of beaches to work with.

I would like to point out that you should never just start kayaking, go take lessons, get the correct gear and never go on the water alone

• Registered Users Posts: 21 ShaneAK47

There is a Wexford Kayaking club. They are a good bunch of lads and it would be perfect for you because they have a lot of their own gear so you could try it out first and see if you like it before you buy anything.

They also do pool sessions on Saturday nights so you can try Kayaking in a toasty pool before trying it on the river in this weather it could put you off it.
    I can pass on their number to you if you would like.

Advertisement