Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trolls on liveline

Options
  • 17-01-2013 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

I have been reading your thread about liveline for along time and i am shocked that most of you have never understood that 95% of the callers to liveline are trolls. Take that woman that called today saying she had to pay a money lender almost 3k for a €500 loan, she was trolling. the max interest the biggest door to door money lender in the country charges for a €500 loan is €280. If you listen back her story was full of holes, she said she got the loan in 2011 for her daughters communion but at that time the local cwo was giving out €300 for communions. She also said she had fallen behind on other bills because she was afriad of the money lender but she had said before that she fell behind with the money lender because she had to pay car tax. She also said that she didnt get a payment book or recept from the money lender and couldn't keep track on what she was paying him but then she said she ended up paying him €2800. Another famous troll call to liveline was a couple of years ago, some guy talking about short school skirts, you could clearly hear him ****.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭full_irish

**BEEP**BEEP**BEEP**BEEP**

Apologies, my ''Troll's 1st post" alarm seems to have gone off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

JDunphy wrote: »
    Another famous troll call to liveline was a couple of years ago, some guy talking about short school skirts, you could clearly hear him ****.

Who, Joe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 JDunphy

No the caller

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I'd say there are a few trolls. Theres no way that many people could be so stupid.

Although I have worked with the general public. Yeah, there is a way so many people could be so stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Frynge

never under estimate the power of stupidity in large numbers

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Frynge wrote: »
    never under estimate the power of stupidity in large numbers

Just look at AH...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭JM Skipton

Aidric wrote: »
    Who, Joe?

No de short skirts don't do it for Joe, now a terminal illness and were in business.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭Tow

Joe does not care if the story is true or not, he's just interested in a 'good' story.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Tow wrote: »
    Joe does not care if the story is true or not, he's just interested in a 'good' story.

Go wannnnnnn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,719 ✭✭✭sudzs

syklops wrote: »
    I'd say there are a few trolls. Theres no way that many people could be so stupid.

Although I have worked with the general public. Yeah, there is a way so many people could be so stupid.

Shur look how many times they voted Bertie and his FF cronies back into power! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

Trolls are not just on liveline ;):rolleyes:

Advertisement