Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Journalism course?

Options
  • 17-01-2013 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Which course would be more fullfilling, the journalism and visual media course in Griffith College Dublin or Journalism in DCU?

or am i better off just doing another degree of interest and then doing a masters in journalism?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭DestructiveApe

emerjane08 wrote: »
    Which course would be more fullfilling, the journalism and visual media course in Griffith College Dublin or Journalism in DCU?

or am i better off just doing another degree of interest and then doing a masters in journalism?

I think you would be better off doing another degree of intrest to be honest. I have a strong interest in getting into journalism after my degree. Print journalism mainly. I'm doing TV, Radio and New Media Brodcasting in IT Tralee and while it is still media it isn't journalism itself and has practical elements which will allow you to have loads more skills in media. A course similar to this would be good for you.

Then while you do your course get involved with college papers or magazines. And don't be nervous about applying to write for websites. In journalism I think your writing technique and your experience matter more than your actual degree.

Hope I helped! :)

Advertisement