Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vilamoura Green Fees Packages/Deals

Options
  • 17-01-2013 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hey,

Myself and a few guys are planning on going golfing for the 1st week in July(1st-5th) and are staying in Vilamoura, Portugal.

Does anyone know if we can get a package deal for playing a couple of the Oceanico courses i.e Oceanico Pinhal, Millenium, Old Course etc etc?

Is there a deal whereby there are discounts available for playing other courses in the area??

Also any suggestions on courses to play are also appreciated.

BTW Flights and accommodation are booked already. Just need to find some good deals for golf courses in the area.

Thanks,
    coggy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 johnnytalker

Played there a few years back, one of the group got prices from Oceanico direct via email and we arranged flight ourselves, no need for car hire as Oceanico ferry you from hotel to golf course. I would reccomend the Faldo course, victoria course, 2 relly good tests. Old villamoura is a must play. Millenium was in the best nick of the other 3 back then and a nice walk.

Buggies definetly needed for faldo course, the O connor course on the same estate is a flatter and really enjoyable. Both are a bit outside villamoura (20 mins drive). Enjoy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭IanPoulter

coggy wrote: »
    Hey,

Myself and a few guys are planning on going golfing for the 1st week in July(1st-5th) and are staying in Vilamoura, Portugal.

Does anyone know if we can get a package deal for playing a couple of the Oceanico courses i.e Oceanico Pinhal, Millenium, Old Course etc etc?

Is there a deal whereby there are discounts available for playing other courses in the area??

Also any suggestions on courses to play are also appreciated.

Thanks,
    coggy

It'll be a bit hot for golf in July, on the other hand it should be a bit cheaper than April. It depends on whether you have accomodation or not. Most of the operators can get you good deals if you're looking for accomodation and golf. Try YourGolfTravel

http://www.yourgolftravel.com/golf-holidays/portugal#./portugal-algarve?&_suid=1358452797882016732320875830264

3 nights and 2 rounds at Pinhal and Laguna is £245 (Sterling)

On recommendations I'd say Vale do Lobo (Royal course and Ocean course)
    Quinta do Lago North
    Victoria
    The Old Course
    Oceanico Faldo
    Oceanico O'Connor

The last 4 are all oceanico are a bit overpriced for a recession hit Portugal and you don't tend to get deals on them. Better value in Quinta and Vale do Lobo

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭RGS

look up oceanico golf they have a number of deals:

3 course deal €231 playing victoria, millennium and old

3 course deal €310 playing victoria old and faldo

they also have 4 and 5 round deals

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Finlay Harp

Can I also recommend Laranjal (best greens in Portugal) and Vila Sol. Both within ten minutes of Vilamoura. Golf for Greys is a society that runs subsidised weekly competions at various courses in the Algarve. Worth Googling them.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Beaulieu

Definitely play Vale de Lobo Ocean & Royal -the Clubhouse is fantastic as is the whole ambiance.
    I found Ocianico's courses (Old Course & Victoria(Portugese Masters played on it)) both good but clubhouse and general environs are a bit tired.
    1 issue with V de Lobo is that its about 15/20 mis by car outside Villamoura but it is definetly worth it. Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Redtricky

Oceanico direct have best deals - we used the 8 for 7 rate last year. Agree with other posters that Victoria and Old are the best and closest to Villamoura and Pinhal and Millenium are good tests. Laguna has been poor last few years.

Vale do Lobo is very scenic but very tight.

Went further afield to Monte Rei which was fantastic

Am trying West Algarve this year around the Lagos area - can't wait!!!

Advertisement