Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't setup exchange account on iMac

Options
  • 17-01-2013 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

I have a new work email address and I can't seem to set it up on my iMac. I set it up on my iPhone no problem but it just won't seem to work on the iMac. I'm following all the steps to add the account to the mail app; name, email address, password, incoming mail server and I've selected exchange as the type but it says that the server is not responding and to check the connection or server details. Have I entered something wrong or clicked the wrong setting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

shuffles03 wrote: »
    I have a new work email address and I can't seem to set it up on my iMac. I set it up on my iPhone no problem but it just won't seem to work on the iMac. I'm following all the steps to add the account to the mail app; name, email address, password, incoming mail server and I've selected exchange as the type but it says that the server is not responding and to check the connection or server details. Have I entered something wrong or clicked the wrong setting?

What version of Exchange is your company using? Mail has won't with Exchange 2003 - even though it will work fine on an iPhone/iPad.

You can, if you wish, use Davmail to get it to work somewhat.

Advertisement