Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Radio royalties

Options
  • 17-01-2013 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭

I have been listening to some stations that are only available on the web,What is the story regarding a licence/music royalties? Surely they just cant play music with copywrite without paying for it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Copyright/royalties will be charged from the country your broadcast begins from. And they will catch up with you in case stations come and reckon they won't be got for them. The bastards :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I believe that online stations who wish to be licenced (ie, real stations), apply for an IMRO Licence which (from that link) costs about €7k a year.

Not sure if there are other options, but that's the only one I could find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

I was thinking of doing it a little.evenings/weekends...as a sort of hobby,but not a that price....

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

The advice I was given was keep your gob shut and set up your hobby station, otherwise if you contact IMRO you'll pay them and they'll chase you every year for it. They wont find out about you unless you tell them.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,001 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Big Tone wrote: »
    The advice I was given was keep your gob shut and set up your hobby station, otherwise if you contact IMRO you'll pay them and they'll chase you every year for it. They wont find out about you unless you tell them.
    couldn't have put it better myself

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
Advertisement