Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International Hurling Tournament

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭cormac halpin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭problemchimp

Why not? Can't be bad for the game, good to show off a game of such a high skill level.

Just waiting for the G.A.A. bashers to arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

I thought originally it was a great idea.....but then a friend of mine at one of the clubs involved told me about a no-irish rule........kinda goes against the idea of The Gathering that irish players who have moved abroad aren't allowed take part.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

I thought originally it was a great idea.....but then a friend of mine at one of the clubs involved told me about a no-irish rule........kinda goes against the idea of The Gathering that irish players who have moved abroad aren't allowed take part.
    I don't think that's true at all. I know of one team coming over and 99% are Irish born and bred.

80% of people who play Gaelic Games abroad are Irish.

In hurling, I'd say 95% of people who play are Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,626 ✭✭✭rockonollie

Oh it's true......team of 20 players for this north american club, event organizers told them that all players must be native to the city the club is based in.....only coaches can be irish born

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭franglan

Reminds me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOe1iDas3RQ

Best of luck to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,582 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

http://www.aerlingushurling.com/

It all kicks off tomorrow. Three towns in east Galway as well as Salthill. the division finals are all on the same day in Pearce Stadium.
    Their website has a great section on the international clubs/county boards involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Oh it's true......team of 20 players for this north american club, event organizers told them that all players must be native to the city the club is based in.....only coaches can be irish born

one of the competitions is for non-irish players. Majority of the teams will be irish players.

Advertisement