Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian Visa's through Global Visas

Options
  • 17-01-2013 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I would like to move to Canada this year. Now I'm not eligible for the IEC visa because I'm a British citizen but I've lived in Ireland for 10 years. My only other option is the Work Permit visa, now in order to qualify I need a job offer. I don't know where to start and I came across www.globalvisas.com. For £2,000 they will set up job interviews, organise my visa and sort out a place to live. Only thing is I googled reviews on this organisation and they weren't very positive, basically the company were called Cowboys and I'm very concerned. I would have to have to hand over an initial deposit of £400 before a case worker is assigned to me and then the remaining £1,600 is paid in full installments.

I don't know whether to trust them and I don't know how to go about this myself. I'm 29 in Feb so this is my last year to apply.

Any help you can offer would be wonderful.

~ Hannah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paraicr

Definitely would not advise you to go with one of these crowds. They really cant guarantee you anything. Have you checked if you qualify under any of the skilled labour options?
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

Also the UK has a similar IEC scheme which may not require habitual residence this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Hannah B. Foley

paraicr wrote: »
    Definitely would not advise you to go with one of these crowds. They really cant guarantee you anything. Have you checked if you qualify under any of the skilled labour options?
    http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp

Also the UK has a similar IEC scheme which may not require habitual residence this year.

Hi there,

I checked it out. Seems the only visa I'm eligible for is the work permit. I checked with the IEC people and they said I wasn't eligible so I'm worried that I have limited options. My concern is I have to have a job offer first and then apply for my visa and I've applied for loads of jobs and have heard nothing back and the recruitment agencies only help once you're in the cointry.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭paraicr

yep, i'd agree that the options are limited. Most people over here have either come over on the IEC or on one of the skilled labour visas (tradespeople). I'm just not sure what a company like global visas can do?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭DeclanClune

Guys, just that you are aware -
    it is ILLEGAL for any (recruitment) company to charge you a fee to find a job.
    They may disguise the fee as job assistance or something similar.

One company (previously mentioned here in this forum) lets you believe that they will secure work for you without even having seen a copy of your CV !

Be aware!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Commando001

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping someone can help me. I would like to move to Canada this year. Now I'm not eligible for the IEC visa because I'm a British citizen but I've lived in Ireland for 10 years. My only other option is the Work Permit visa, now in order to qualify I need a job offer. I don't know where to start and I came across www.globalvisas.com. For £2,000 they will set up job interviews, organise my visa and sort out a place to live. Only thing is I googled reviews on this organisation and they weren't very positive, basically the company were called Cowboys and I'm very concerned. I would have to have to hand over an initial deposit of £400 before a case worker is assigned to me and then the remaining £1,600 is paid in full installments.

I don't know whether to trust them and I don't know how to go about this myself. I'm 29 in Feb so this is my last year to apply.

~ Hannah

Dear Friend,

Please don't apply any thing through Global Visa. they are just big Fraud. They have done fraud with many innocent people and took £2500 . They have done the same thing with me. they promised me to organize Canadian work visa for me including Job offer and visa process. But after 8 months they still couldn't find any thing for and now simply refuse to refund my money. and wont answer any call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Brainy Smurf

Type the following into Google - scam global visas.
    See what comes up and then make up your own mind.

There is a lot of bad press about them - so much so that it appears that they have rebranded themselves as Global Migrate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 btobd89

Hi Guys,

~ Hannah

I know this is an old thread, but im in the same boat as you. I emailed the English embassy. They told me im able to apply through the English IEC. Even with an Irish address. Best of luck. Hope to see you in Canada :)

Advertisement