Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lecturering abroad during summer months

Options
  • 16-01-2013 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭

HI All,
    a quick question if anyone has any ideas on it... Ive heard of some lecturers spending some weeks during the summer months as 'visiting lecturers' in colleges in the U.S. Just wondering did I imagine this or do such opportunities exist? Would love to bring the family over to a college every summer to do this...
    any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

Without knowing all the details, I would imagine that visiting lecturers are ones who are on sabbatical from universities here and who have gone to other colleges to do research and lecture for a number of months or even a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭positivenote

cheers, I was thinking that myself, but was wondering how would one go about researching potential colleges in the States that are open to this type of placement?
    thanks

Advertisement