Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I entitled to a Student Contribution Fee?

Options
  • 16-01-2013 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hello,

I am just wondering if anyone can tell me if I am entitled to a Student Contribution Fee. Last year I started a level 8 course but towards the end of the year I had decided it wasn't for me, I got a grant and now I'm not entitled to a grant if I want to pursue another course for the first year,

Needless to say this was very disappointing to hear and now I don't know whether I can afford to go back to college, am I entitled to a Student Contribution Fee? Is there anything else I need to know or is there any advice anyone can give me? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

You didn't finish the year so you're not. If you had of finished and passed the exams you would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No, you won't get it for year 1 and you may have to pay the full tuition fee which could 3 or 4 or 5 thousand because you won't be entitled to "free fees" either

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement