Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CompTIA Network +

Options
  • 16-01-2013 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Anyone got any information or recommendations on training centres in the Dublin area. I'm looking at doing the Net+ full time over the course of a week. New Horizons keeps popping up in conversations I've had with people but nobody actually has any first hand experience with them. All help and advice would be very much appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

did a few courses with new horizons, the N+ being one of them, i'd recommend doing the CCNA instead of N+ with them

• Registered Users Posts: 26 TallaghtHoop

Why go straight for CCNA? I'm coming from a telecoms background, and have no data certifications whatsoever. I have a reasonably good knowledge of networks etc but feel the CCNA may be a bit beyond me just now.

you can do 2 exam route for the CCNA, ICND1 & ICND2
    The ICND1 is equivalent in my eyes to a N+ but it has practicle application, were the N+ is all theory.

Saying that having my N+ helped me understand CCNA curriculum a lot easier also, going over old ground helped it all sink in

Interesting. I might look into that in more detail. How did you find New Horizons yourself??

Tutors were great with a wealth of experience working in Ireland and abroad, i did the official cisco curriculum but they have their own aswell. easy to get to aswell on the Luas

• Advertisement

Cheers mate. Sounds like the job alright. Thanks for the advice.

Advertisement