Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wastewater treatment system

Options
  • 16-01-2013 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi all

Seeking advice on upgrade of wastewater treatment system that to my eye appears to be installed incorrectly and has not yet been comissioned.

Currently have klargester biosafe installed however tank was put in very deep (top c. 4-5ft below ground surface) and as such I am sure that associated percolation area is also too close to the water table and pretty much redundant. Is it possible to install a sump underground at the tank outflow with submersible pump to pump effluent up into new percolation area and and series of piping closer to the surface? In effect I suppose this will act like a polishing filter?

Opinion much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭archtech

It would be best to have a site suitability assessor look at the system, they will be best to advise. If the system ( treatment unit and percolation area) has not been installed in accordance with the planning permission this would need to be addressed.
    To answer your question regarding pumping that would be possible. Word of advice, make sure that the sump is fully waterproof otherwise you will end up pumping more effluent than necessary in that whatever leaks into the sump also as to be disposed of.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bombadil

Thanks for the advice Archtec

• Registered Users Posts: 45,873 ✭✭✭✭muffler

archtech wrote: »
    It would be best to have a site suitability assessor look at the system, they will be best to advise. If the system ( treatment unit and percolation area) has not been installed in accordance with the planning permission this would need to be addressed.
    To answer your question regarding pumping that would be possible. Word of advice, make sure that the sump is fully waterproof otherwise you will end up pumping more effluent than necessary in that whatever leaks into the sump also as to be disposed of.
    +1 to the above :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

Klargester are an excellent system have one myself. If it hasn't been commissioned yest why not get it checked out by a Klargester engineer.
    Klargester is part of Kingspan or King span are the agents for them. either way give them a call and talk with their technical people.

I have no personal connection with Klargester or kingspan.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭bombadil

Thanks Muffler and sky6... I'll let you know how this pans out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭woodoo

sky6 wrote: »
    Klargester are an excellent system have one myself. If it hasn't been commissioned yest why not get it checked out by a Klargester engineer.
    Klargester is part of Kingspan or King span are the agents for them. either way give them a call and talk with their technical people.

I have no personal connection with Klargester or kingspan.

Is yours pumped of gravity feed

• Registered Users Posts: 27 OBrother

You should look at your planning file held by the local authority for your house, this should show you exactly how the system is to be installed. It will also tell you who the Assessor is that designed the system and the percolation / filter area. He or she will most likely explain any of the technicalities you need to know and whether the system is being installed correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭sky6

To the best of my knowledge it's Gravity with a motor to drive the disks.
    There's also an alarm to warn of any problems. Haven't had any so after 7 years installed.

Advertisement