Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new company business name query

Options
  • 16-01-2013 5:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭

On form A1 (company incorporation) the first thing it asks you is for 'company name'.

Right now, I don't have a company name. I want one. Do you have to register a company name separately or will the stated name be registered automatically when form A1 is sent in?

If the former, you can't register a company name for a company without a company number, so what happens in this case?

Will form A1 be rejected because I've included a company name which hasn't been registered?

It's a trivial question but i'm honestly shocked at how unclear this whole process is.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭Johnmb

smemon wrote: »
    On form A1 (company incorporation) the first thing it asks you is for 'company name'.

Right now, I don't have a company name. I want one. Do you have to register a company name separately or will the stated name be registered automatically when form A1 is sent in?

If the former, you can't register a company name for a company without a company number, so what happens in this case?

Will form A1 be rejected because I've included a company name which hasn't been registered?

It's a trivial question but i'm honestly shocked at how unclear this whole process is.
    The name is part of what you are registering. When you pick a name, do a search on the CRO website to make sure it hasn't already been taken, and once you have an original name, it'll be registered along with all the other details you enter on the form.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Johnmb wrote: »
    The name is part of what you are registering. When you pick a name, do a search on the CRO website to make sure it hasn't already been taken, and once you have an original name, it'll be registered along with all the other details you enter on the form.

Thank you for clearing that up, that's all I needed to know :)

Advertisement