Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7" Tablet 512MB/1.2/Mali400

Options

Comments

Pretty much the same tablet here for cheaper. Although it say one is 1GHz and the other is 1.2GHz, both have the same processor, Cortex A8, which is clocked at 1GHz. Your one has been overclocked to 1.2GHz I assume, this can be done with this cheaper one too once it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Just to warn you, you'll be waiting a while. I ordered one of these from Focalprice in mid-December (when they discounted it to €45) and only yesterday got the form from Revenue saying it had been stopped. No duty payable, but €10.66 VAT + €6 An Post fee.

Still not a bad deal for just over €60... presuming the thing is OK. I'll be a bit pissed off if it's DOA 'cos these lads require you to return faulty items to China at your own cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

could you ask about express delivery, something this small should not exceed 15/20 u$d by dhl / fedex, coming from china. this is about 10-15 euros. and you can expect to have it with 48hours. would be the best 10-15euro you will ever spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭gerryk

This is sold by McBub as the McPad F1. There is plenty to read about it if you google. Apparently there are a couple of ROMs to flash onto it, if you are so inclined. The bootloader is unlocked, so there is no hacking necessary.

I have one, and, whereas it's no comparison to my Nexus 7, it is fine for my daughter to play with. It plays games, streams Spotify or Youtube and she plays with little drawing programs too. MX Player works well on it also, so it is good for movies. It does skype too.

The battery life with wifi on is about 10 hours standby, or 2ish hours continual usage. With wifi off, this goes up to about 3 hours usage, or a couple of days standby.

For the price, it's hard to go wrong, but expectations should be in line with what you pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

spongbob wrote: »
    could you ask about express delivery, something this small should not exceed 15/20 u$d by dhl / fedex, coming from china. this is about 10-15 euros. and you can expect to have it with 48hours. would be the best 10-15euro you will ever spend.

I've got mobile from amazon.de and had to pay €10 twice to send it for repair to Germany. So no difference if you buy in Europe or in China.

• Advertisement
Advertisement