Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company VAT RTD return

Options
  • 16-01-2013 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi, I'm filling in my first RDT for a limited company and just wanting to confirm some things with someone who has done this before or who has experience with it.

The form to be filled out online (ROS) looks like this:
    http://i.imgur.com/G073L.jpg

I've consulted the Guide to Vat and called the revenue but I've still a few things to clear up;
    A few questions:

1) I have made sales to an Irish company, which are VAT exempt (under a 13A) because they export most of their goods. Am I correct in saying that the sales to this company should be in Box E3?

2) I've made sales to Luxemburg, which have no VAT on them. Am I right to put these sales in Box D4?

3) I have purchased services from Northern Ireland, and have not been charged any VAT. I presume this will go in D2?

4) The title of the second column is "Acquisitions from EU countries" (which doesn't explicitly exclude Ireland) Does this mean all my purchases (for re-sale and not for re-sale) from Ireland should be included in this column at their various VAT rates?

5) The header for column 3 & 4 says in brackets "INTRA-EU acquisitions and imports". Does this mean I should include purchases of services which are outside the EU that I have not been charged VAT for? And if so would these services go in the "0% Home" row or the Exempt row?

Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Stuff like this is exactly why I pay accountant.

INTRA-eu means trade within the EU. So no, your outside-EU stuff does not go here.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭sebphoto

@mickwaffle hi, did you find answers on your questions?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭tandcapply

srsly78 wrote: »
    Stuff like this is exactly why I pay accountant.

INTRA-eu means trade within the EU. So no, your outside-EU stuff does not go here.

voted most unhelpful comment of the year, the question wasn't what would you do in this case. Some people are competent enough to file forms themselves (with some help) while others spend their time posting meaningles comments instead.

I do both :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

tandcapply wrote: »
    voted most unhelpful comment of the year, the question wasn't what would you do in this case. Some people are competent enough to file forms themselves (with some help) while others spend their time posting meaningles comments instead.

I do both :)

And now you can add resurrecting 2-year old threads to your CV... :rolleyes:

Advertisement