Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Fire Brigade/ HSE

Options
  • 16-01-2013 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I know it's probably been asked a million times but does anyone know if the DFB or HSE are recruiting any time soon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

thefifth wrote: »
    I know it's probably been asked a million times but does anyone know if the DFB or HSE are recruiting any time soon?

If you do a search you'll find all the information you need.
    But basically, the last class of Paramedics from the current NAS panel is due to start next month with no word of any further recruitment.
    Dublin Fire Brigade proposed recruitment will consist of internal City Council staff being recruited into the role of Firefighter/Paramedic. External recruitment will be for control call takers and dispatchers who may be offered the opportunity to train as Firefighter/Paramedic after serving four years in the control room.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Bang Bang wrote: »
    But basically, the last class of Paramedics from the current NAS panel is due to start next month with no word of any further recruitment.
    Dublin Fire Brigade proposed recruitment will consist of internal City Council staff being recruited into the role of Firefighter/Paramedic. External recruitment will be for control call takers and dispatchers who will be offered the opportunity to train as Firefighter/Paramedic after serving four years in the control room.

You're correct apart from the detail highlighted. This has been written into the agreement

Of course, who knows what will happen down the road.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Bang Bang wrote: »
    Dublin Fire Brigade proposed recruitment will consist of internal City Council staff being recruited into the role of Firefighter/Paramedic. External recruitment will be for control call takers and dispatchers who may be offered the opportunity to train as Firefighter/Paramedic after serving four years in the control room.

Have you heard on any time frame when the internal competition might start?

The redeployments are supposed to happen soon and will be in the form of a competition as far as I know.

However, there is a new CFO and with a new city manager on the way God knows what will happen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭thatboy

Any one hear any more on this??? i saw that the positions in dublin have been sanctioned by department of environment

• Advertisement

thatboy wrote: »
    Any one hear any more on this??? i saw that the positions in dublin have been sanctioned by department of environment

The HSE NAS have since had a recruitment which had a very tight timeframe to respond/apply. As for the latest on the DFB, Paulzx may have an update there.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Tommy_utd16

Lads anyone know anything about the DCC internal recruitment into DFB? Any info on dates requirements and selection process?

I heard the internal recruitment might not go ahead due to lack of interest...............as with everything DFB its all rumours and hearsay again.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 mad1c

If internal applications/transfers didn't fill the increasing void what'r the chances of another recruitment?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ooter

I work in DCC and have been keeping a close eye on this and any time I have asked HR they have told me nothing has been sanctioned yet by the minister or the dept.
    I have access to DCC's intranet (dubnet) and there's nothing on that so I'm very surprised to read on here that there's been a lack of interest.:confused:

• Advertisement

It's in the latest issue of first post,closing date for applications is May 16th.

Any info on what's said ooter?!

Open to employees of the 4 Dublin councils,testing will take place in early June 2013 and interviews expected in late June or July.
    6 months training of successful applicants.
    apparently it's on www.publicjobs.ie but I can't find it.

I'd say anyone that was on the recruitment panel that was scrapped last year will be very annoyed over this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Andy8725

This post has been deleted.

It's the newsletter that comes out every 2 weeks for Dublin city council staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 gt4-wrc

will they consider people from the previous panel as eligible i wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 shauna6989

Im on the hse panel for an emergency call taking position. I read here that after four years service call takers would get the opportunity to apply. Im just wondering after four years call taking with the hse will i be in the internal recruitment for dublin fire brigade? Or do i have to be a call taker for NAS? advice would be greatly appreciated

shauna6989 wrote: »
    Im just wondering after four years call taking with the hse will i be in the internal recruitment for dublin fire brigade?

No

• Advertisement

shauna6989 wrote: »
    Im on the hse panel for an emergency call taking position. I read here that after four years service call takers would get the opportunity to apply. Im just wondering after four years call taking with the hse will i be in the internal recruitment for dublin fire brigade? Or do i have to be a call taker for NAS? advice would be greatly appreciated

Is the highlighted and underlined in your quote a typo, do you mean DFB?

Dublin Fire Brigade and the National Ambulance Service are two separate agencies and employers, therefore as Paulzx has said the answer is No.
    You must be a call taker with the DFB to be considered for Firefighter training.

I see DFB are hiring 4 assistant chiefs? How come this isnt internal recruitment as well?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,796 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

thatboy wrote: »
    I see DFB are hiring 4 assistant chiefs? How come this isnt internal recruitment as well?

Above certain grades/salary scales, positions need to be advertised nationally IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 first timer

Results will issue soon as the Aptitude tests were last week. Approx 300 is the rumoured number of applicants to apply. One of the days I was there a few we're turned away as they were not employed by a One of the 4 Councils. Judging by the layout of the room it was set out for up to 50 people. However when signing in only half the people turned up to the session I attended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bangfire

The reason for this is (sadly I'm in this bracket), Dublin Civil Defence members attempted an avenue to get accepted in the competition. Skilled EMT's, SRT's, EFR's signed off on basic fire fighting, driving skill sets etc...... volunteers were told 24hrs before hand not to attend by DCC HR. This is why gaps were apparant at the tests. Dublin Civil Defence are tied into the councils (how i'm not too sure) but our letter heads and footers carry the DCC crest. Because we are not paid, no savings could be made by DCC so we were told no. It was a long shot but a shot none the less. I wish all that got to do the test all the best.

got through the aptitude test, on to the next stage..:)

Fairplay, many get called to interview stage.

Advertisement