Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tony Fenton v Dermot & Dave

Options
  • 16-01-2013 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭

Just curious as to people's opinions on who is better in a similar (ish) timeslot?

I'd drop Tony Fenton out altogether and put Dermot & Dave on Today FM at 2.30. I think Fenton's style is too outdated, and although I'd be a Today FM man, I followed Ray Foley to 98fm and started listening to Dermot & Dave and tbh I think they are nearly funnier than Ray & JP. Obviously that depends on your sense of humour, but Fenton isn't one bit funny and his Cockney rhyming slang is cringeworthy.

Tony also plays 'classics' which KC plays now anyway, so musically Today FM are covered in that sense as Dermot & Dave don't go to the oldies too often. I reckon D & D would translate well nationally too, what do ye reckon? Problem is they'd be dropping from a four hour slot to a two and a half hour slot and I doubt Matt Cooper will give up any time easily.

Anyone got Pros and Cons of dropping Fenton for Dermot & Dave or any differing opinions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I think Fenton was a perfect lead into The Last Word when Ray & JP were on lunch....Now their gone the trio of Darcy KC & Fenton are just too similar for my liking....I mean theres only so many times a day you can hear Radio Head Creep before it will sound dated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

I think Fenton was a perfect lead into The Last Word when Ray & JP were on lunch....Now their gone the trio of Darcy KC & Fenton are just too similar for my liking....I mean theres only so many times a day you can hear Radio Head Creep before it will sound dated!

Do you think Dermot and Dave would be too similar following on from KC (and Lenny)?

Too be honest ive never listened too them...Im in the wrong part of the country!

maybe have D&D at lunch time and then KC as a more chilled lead in too last word

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Maybe leave D&D at 98 in the same time slot and don't start messing around with things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭petals

Dermot and Dave are legends and should stay right where they are on 98fm!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

I can't Adam & Eve it that people prefer Dermot and Dave over Tones Fenton. On days like today when it's brass monkey's there's nothing better than hearing Tony's smooth James Joyce. He is the sort of fella you'd go down the pub and have a few Britney Spears with. I say he's chicken jalfreizi on a night out. I say he's been on the Jack Palance throughout the years!!
    Best part is when he is on the dog and bone to a Gooseberry Puddin with her God Forbids... Always good craic. He also gives away a good bit of Bees and Honey.. 5,000 blips sometimes. Tony is god

TheTwiz wrote: »
    I can't Adam & Eve it that people prefer Dermot and Dave over Tones Fenton. On days like today when it's brass monkey's there's nothing better than hearing Tony's smooth James Joyce. He is the sort of fella you'd go down the pub and have a few Britney Spears with. I say he's chicken jalfreizi on a night out. I say he's been on the Jack Palance throughout the years!!
    Best part is when he is on the dog and bone to a Gooseberry Puddin with her God Forbids... Always good craic. He also gives away a good bit of Bees and Honey.. 5,000 blips sometimes. Tony is god

WutDaFuq?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

Dermot and Dave should go back to breakfast and have Ray at Drive, he's not the same as he was on Today FM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Neither duo would want to swap back though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

WutDaFuq?

Fenton rhyming slang MY MAN!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I despise D&D they belong on Dublin radio

Advertisement