Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

getting a cheap car battery in limerick?

Options
  • 16-01-2013 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi Im looking for a cheap car battery for my car? went stone dead yesterday over the weather anyone any info?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

Limerick brakes are about the cheapest around

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭pilate 1

Beaver1 wrote: »
    Limerick brakes are about the cheapest around

rush to the bottom again!cheap cheap cheap etc etc.be careful when buying
    a mini is not a porche /check price by all means but make of batt and warranty
    even more so:)
    sorry no disrespect to limerick brakes ment(as good if not better than whats around)

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

pilate 1 wrote: »
    rush to the bottom again!cheap cheap cheap etc etc.be careful when buying
    a mini is not a porche /check price by all means but make of batt and warranty
    even more so:)
    sorry no disrespect to limerick brakes ment(as good if not better than whats around)
    what are you on about, you get a 2 year warrenty with any battery around town so go for the cheapest, if it goes within the 2 years you get it replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

Beaver1 wrote: »
    what are you on about, you get a 2 year warrenty with any battery around town so go for the cheapest, if it goes within the 2 years you get it replaced.

They seem to be pretty standard price. Got one yesterday from Victory tyres off Clare street 65 euro for an exide one 2 year guarantee. He will throw it in for you too and take the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

pilate 1 wrote: »

I've bought a fair bit of Limerick Brakes over the years and can't say they ever sold me any goods that were below par in fairness so I would concur with that point.
    wingnut wrote: »
    They seem to be pretty standard price. Got one yesterday from Victory tyres off Clare street 65 euro for an exide one 2 year guarantee. He will throw it in for you too and take the old one.

That seems a very good price indeed for an Exide battery. Not every establishment will change it for you as part of the service. The likes of Halfords would probably charge you an extra tenner at least I'll bet.

The last battery I got was from Limerick Motor Factors not too far from the Train/ bus station. It was the cheapest of the motor factors oddly (that Limerick Motor factors is an expensive place to shop in my experience). It was only a fiver cheaper than Limerick Brakes as I recall though and it was a rather peculiar shaped upright battery for my sisters Yaris....the next motor factors might be cheaper for a more regular shaped battery to fit the likes of Corolla/ vectra etc.

Didn't actually dawn on me at the time to check in with the tyre fitters at the time like yourself wingnut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Mucker2020

Any updates on this post lads looking for a battery myself?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

I picked one up from F&D Motor factors on Athlunkard Street earlier this year, in or around €50, take the old battery from you as well. Can't remember what brand it was, but I recognised it anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Mucker2020

I picked one up from F&D Motor factors on Athlunkard Street earlier this year, in or around €50, take the old battery from you as well. Can't remember what brand it was, but I recognised it anyway!

Did they fit it too ???

Mucker2020 wrote: »
    Did they fit it too ???

I didn't ask them to be honest, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭893bet

take the old battery from you as well

You say this like its a good thing lol.

Scrap batteries are worth $$$$$$

• Advertisement

893bet wrote: »
    You say this like its a good thing lol.

Scrap batteries are worth $$$$$$

Where were you 3 months ago!?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭893bet

Where were you 3 months ago!?

lol. They pay by weight. Car battery would only be worth a couple of euro though. Had a collection at home of car/tractor batteries and got 100 ish quid not that long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Smacs89

893bet wrote: »
    lol. They pay by weight. Car battery would only be worth a couple of euro though. Had a collection at home of car/tractor batteries and got 100 ish quid not that long ago.

€100 quid is better in your pocket though!

Got one in a garage up by Wolf Town street before (can't remember the name) and one from Limerick Brakes, both decent enough prices from what I remember

Advertisement