Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skyscanner to New York

Options
  • 15-01-2013 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

I'm hoping to head to New York to complete the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers run this September.

As you can imagine the funds are super tight at the moment, and I'm trying to keep the costs down. Been looking at skyscanner.com and the flights to New York are showing around €400.

My question is wether I am better at booking closer to the time or in the next month or two?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

September is the start of peak time in New York so flights can be expensive. Flights under €400 are very reasonable for TransAtlantic, my inclination would be to book. And once they're booked, stop checking, you'll only beat yourself up if they drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,297 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Remember to check what you save on the flight over, it may cost you in a hotel room, on what you saved on the flight. I'm seeing €347 to NYC

Outbound◄Fri 27 Sep►
    09:00 DUB – 11:35 EWR

Return◄Tue 1 Oct►
    19:10 EWR – 06:55 DUB

Not bad for €347

• Registered Users Posts: 41 blacklawlessd

I'm staying with family over there so no hotel costs.... but I'll get stung for beer money! Thanks guys!

Advertisement