Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trainee Positions - Non-pay Terms

Options
  • 15-01-2013 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭

I was wondering what non-pay aspects of a trainee position you should be looking out for when signing up for a trainee accountancy position. Also what would be considered the standard ranges of such terms for a trainee position.

From looking around the options mainly seem to be between CPA, CAI, and ACCA. Wages will vary across the country with Dublin paying the most. I'd imagine there are certain elements that are pretty standard no matter which body you're looking to become a member of and no matter where in the country you work.

I can think of concerns about the range of work and experience you'd be given. How long the position is for (three years seems to be standard.) How much time off you would get for exams. Conditions on passing exams within a given time frame. Support/guidance from people within the firm who have qualified. What exam fees are paid for. If there's any support towards third-party courses. Access to a library of sorts within the business.

What would be considered normal within that range of things? And is there anything else I should be concerned about?

Advertisement