Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Irish owned server - lavawars.com

Options
  • 15-01-2013 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Have created a new Minecraft Bukkit server as my kid has been begging me for weeks

It has
    - Essentials
    - Multiverse Worlds/Portals
    - Rank Upgrades for time on server
    - a Survival Games world
    - AntiCheat
    - Buycraft
    - and many more plugins

Going to add some more features and worlds over the coming weeks. It is still a work in progress so any tips or pointers are welcome as I am reading up on alot of this stuff without being a player myself.

Looking for some Irish users and a reliable moderator or 2.

Chat will be recorded/monitored as this is aimed at being a child friendly server.

Minecraft server address is lavawars.com (default port 25565)

Website for blogging on same server is http://www.lavawars.com

thanks for reading
    slegs

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Nokia08

Awesome Wordpress theme! +1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭slegs

Hope this is Ok to post here, mods let know if not

We are offering a moderated server solution for any parents that would like to let their kids play server based minecraft in a safe and non-threatening environment

- Any swearing or abusive behaviour from any players results in an immediate ban. All players are informed of this rule.
    - Censoring of swear words. Even with censoring swearing results in a ban
    - We monitor logs actively and in retrospect and moderate whether players are online or offline
    - We provide parents access to server chat logs and ban records to our server for a fee.
    - Parents can communicate any concerns to the server administrators for action

Please see our website for details, visit our shop to purchase the parental solution (your kid gets VIP access also when parental solution is purchased). Parental solution can also be purchsaed from within the lavawars.com Minecraft server by using /buy 1

Minecraft server: lavawars.com

Latest developments
    - Top players and Survival Games leaderboard at http://www.lavawars.com
    - Players awarded money in game for time spent
    - Rank uplifts and experience points for time spent
    - Our Survival Games world is now fully fucntional
    - Mobarena area under development.

Feedback is welcome

thanks
    slegs

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

i don't want to sound nit picky but charging parents for logs of the server is a bit much and seems an added bit of hassle

danniemcq wrote: »
    i don't want to sound nit picky but charging parents for logs of the server is a bit much and seems an added bit of hassle

Understood and thanks for the feedback

Its just an effort to pay for the server costs not to make money.

The service to moderate will still be applied either way. Just thought some parents would like to monitor their kids interaction with others.

Its not actual logs either, its filtered chat logs from minecraft and they will be presented from an area of the website for easy review.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

slegs wrote: »
    Understood and thanks for the feedback

Its just an effort to pay for the server costs not to make money.

The service to moderate will still be applied either way. Just thought some parents would like to monitor their kids interaction with others.

Its not actual logs either, its filtered chat logs from minecraft and they will be presented from an area of the website for easy review.

oh don't get me wrong i understand server costs need to be covered (one of the reasons i'm running one on my own computer) and i appreciate the layout suggestion and formatting it just seems a bit niggly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I was on this server today and it was going grand i had nothing to do and wasted a few hours away on it, Then the mods on this server are absolute twats, one showed up out of no where the first time i was playing and killed me while i was afk, one flooding my fecking house and mine then one followed me around dropping bloody explosives on me, spawned about 20 or so creepers on me at my massive tree house which i spent a few hours working on.

Then he went around smashing my windows, non stop they were constantly just poping up out of no where and just generally annoying me like just before i left another admin spawned a **** load of pigs and chickens around me fecking with my fps and dropping a **** tone of tnt down on me from the sky. And this wasnt just one mod this was the admin and two or more mods.

Avoid this server like the f**ing plague.

Lone Stone wrote: »
    I was on this server today and it was going grand i had nothing to do and wasted a few hours away on it, Then the mods on this server are absolute twats, one showed up out of no where the first time i was playing and killed me while i was afk, one flooding my fecking house and mine then one followed me around dropping bloody explosives on me, spawned about 20 or so creepers on me at my massive tree house which i spent a few hours working on.

Then he went around smashing my windows, non stop they were constantly just poping up out of no where and just generally annoying me like just before i left another admin spawned a **** load of pigs and chickens around me fecking with my fps and dropping a **** tone of tnt down on me from the sky. And this wasnt just one mod this was the admin and two or more mods.

Avoid this server like the f**ing plague.

Can you PM me who did this to you and I will sort out.

The issues flagged above by lone stone have been dealt with - rushed in a bit too quickly with granting mod access. These people have now been demoted.

Have moved to an 8GB 24/7 dedicated server. We have Mobarena an PlotMe worlds now.

All welcome and I hope you enojoy

Advertisement