Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portobello scam or not?

Options
  • 15-01-2013 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all, just looking to hear from anyone that applied or attended a course in portobello? NO exaggeration I've been contacting the college about a refund since AUG 2012 and want to know if this is happening to other people??? I've told my story numerous of times to each time a different person on admin/reception??? In applying for the childcare level 5 course to ease into it & deciding I could hopefully work my way up to their higher levels which i chose this college for.its turned me off the course altogether. I was misinformed as they politely put it that my refund would be reviewed firstly early December, second time early Jan and lastly by the end of this month. I was not told in the first month of joining the course that there was a refund form when I first asked for the refund. They had the cheek to tell me I may not receive it all which I said I will not accept!!!! I was only told nov of 2012 that there is a refund form. My reasons were it was an online distance learning course, I had absolutely no feedback meant to be online tutors (any tutor seems to be impossible to get to speak to) It was only today Jan 2013 that I was told to speak to someone in charge you would have to ring between 10 and half 1/2pm could they not have told me this last aug???? One receptionist said they lost my number and there had been a change in some staff so that's why they probably lost my details???? The only replys I got when I really started to complain was an email from someone in charge I presume stating when the first exams were??? As if that wasn't smart enough I really gave out on the phone one day to be told they were updating courses all the time, that evening I got on the website to see they "temporarily closed" all childcare courses with the exception of 2 ( 1 being the one i applied for) . As I initially stated my choice was that portobello had a good name?? Now I think that was years ago?? With the choice of courses on offer & the fact I could work my way up so to speak this was deflated when I seem the website nothing no phone call and it seemed a very smart move on their behalf. Today I told them I will speak to my solicitor if I don't get it all in full back. I'm only 26 and its only €278.00 but its the principal of it. They can't just take my money and do nothing???? And I really would like to know has anyone else experienced this with them??? If so they can't be doing this???

Advertisement