Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

house size / septic tank ratio & site size

Options
  • 15-01-2013 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have bought a site which has planning which precludes the new septic tank requirements, if I build a 3000sqft house what is the minimum septic tank and site size i would require to meet the new regulations?

Thanks
    jimmy

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

jimmy_t wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have bought a site which has planning which precludes the new septic tank requirements, if I build a 3000sqft house what is the minimum septic tank and site size i would require to meet the new regulations?

Thanks
    jimmy
    Can't be answered with out a site assessment. Get a list of consultants from the council.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 gruby

planning permission implies that percolation test was done on that site before. try asking site seller if he/she still have a hard copy of it....
    my percolation test report has detailed specification of the septic tank and percolation area related to my proposed build

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭rayjdav

As before a site specific will detail sizes but it is worked off a PE (Person equivilent), ie o. of beds in a house determine the actual size of the Septic tank but refer to your report, it's not somethig you can determine yourself!!!

Advertisement