Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cigars in the shop!

Options
  • 15-01-2013 12:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

I need some cigars as a small gift and i know nothing about them! I know there is a shop in dublin that sells cigars but i live nowhere near dublin! Just wondering what are the most common brands that can be bought in the local shop? Not looking for big thick cigars thinner ones will do! Also how much do they cost?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

King Edwards are fairly commonly available. More expensive than a pack of Hamlets but that little bit more thoughtful as a gift.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Jamesleacy501

Thanks for replying :) That name rings a bell actually!! Any idea of how much they are? I mean are we talking 2 or 3 euro per cigar or 20 euro per cigar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Theyre like a normal price of cigarettes but theyre large like a normal cigar... About half the size which is fine as king edwards tend to get wet and tar if theyre the thick ones

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Ya they come in a box of 5 if I remember correctly. They'd be a nice size, not massive but about twice the size of a Hamlet. I think they're somewhere around the €15 mark for the pack but that's a bit of a guess.

Pack of 5 Henri Winterman Half Corona are under a tenner :) (So too king edwards)
    Many Centra stores stock them.

An off license might have a better selection too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭beachhead

Try Pikeur.Bigger than a Hamlet but smaller than half coronas.Most shops have cut back on cigar brands in stock.Pikeurs should cost around 8 euro.Viliger Export cigars are the dearest of the regular brands costing 11.40 pre budget price.The shop you refer is opposite Trinity College but cant remember the name.Maybe the Porters Office in the College will tell you its name-they should be able to see from the front entrance.(Number on Eircom.net)The have a website as far as I know.Shop around.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Staff Infection

Yeah there are three Cigar shops I know of in Dublin.

James Fox is the shop opposite Trinity at the end of Grafton Street http://www.jamesfox.ie/

The Decent Cigar Emporium is on Grafton Street near Captain Americas
    http://www.decent-cigar.com/

Perersons used to be beside Foxes but is now located on Nassau Street
    http://www.peterson.ie/

All three of these shops would have a nice selection of cigars for gifts and could even suggest ones.

However, seeing as you're not in Dublin you could maybe ring them and see if they could post them down or even just get advice over what your friend might enjoy.

Out of Cigars available in shops I have tried Hamlets, Henri Wintermans and Viligers. Would recommend the Viligers out of these three myself.

Advertisement