Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax advice for business add on/start up please

Options
  • 14-01-2013 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

I currently run a company with one employee in the services industry for the last 8 1/2 years and successfully turned over 100k in the good times but now turning half that and working longer hours!! I am determined to make it work though by adding extra services for my existing and new clients. However I want to set up the other services under a different name. Heres my query. What is the best way for me to set this company up? Would I register it in my own name or would it be better in my wifes name. She works 3 days a week. A friend informed me that if I "worked" for her and kept business separate it would be the most profitable way to run things. I would not expect the new business to qualify for vat. Please help.

Advertisement