Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Pop Up in Finder - Java?

Options
  • 14-01-2013 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

This has been happening to my MacBook for a while now. Its on a few other forums but I've never found a solution. The problem is a very quick pop up from Finder that appears to be a program looking for permission to go through the firewall. It appears to be Java but its so quick I've never got a look at it.

It doesn't appear to be malware or similar. Also checked the firewall settings, its On (I don't wish to turn it off) and there's nothing out of the ordinary there. Java is the most recent (Update this week due to the security problem)

Anyone else experiencing the same?

Comments

What firewall?

Work networks that use Juniper/Checkpoint etc firewalls will be configured to have a Java plugin to check your system complies with security policy. This is normal every time you connect.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

What firewall?

Work networks that use Juniper/Checkpoint etc firewalls will be configured to have a Java plugin to check your system complies with security policy. This is normal every time you connect.

The MacOS in-built firewall.

The issue has nothing to do with a work firewall or system. Its a random, quick-fire pop up that Finder shows every once in a while irrespective of the network. Very weird.

That's very strange.

I'm afraid I'm not sure whats going on there, could well be a program looking for permissions.

I can say that I'm not experiencing the same issue and I updated Java last week too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Any chance it's related to this? http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/jweb/mac-faq.html#gatekeeper (depending on resolution you may not find it immediately, but it's the question about Gatekeeper)

Advertisement