Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offspring

Options
  • 14-01-2013 5:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Does anyone know if RTE will be showing the new series of Offspring. It was on rte 2 sunday nights, in the middle of the night. Really enjoyed the show.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

Does anyone know if RTE will be showing the new series of Offspring. It was on rte 2 sunday nights, in the middle of the night.

That was a repeat. It was originally shown last year on RTE1 on a Sunday afternoon (starting at the end of February).

Hopefully they intend showing the second series soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 SimpsonsFan

Jeez thought it would have been too raunchy for a Sunday afternoon audience
    :eek:

Offspring is back on RTÉ Two at 2:15am on Monday 29th April.

No information is given about it but I presume it will be the second season.

Thanks Brian for that. Looking forward to watching it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

brian_t wrote: »

Christ no wonder they are losing money. Buying brand new programmes and putting them on at times when only night workers and insomniacs can watch them.

I was looking at the TV guide a while back and saw I great movie, "Great lets watch that" I said, only to realise it started at 5 to midnight on a week night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭Poochie05

The Sky + app says season 3...
    Hope not, unlikely they aired s2 already and we missed it, think between us someone on Boards would've spotted it starting

Anyway, Sky+ set to record

No the season that rte showed a few months back was season 2, its season 3 we're waiting on. Check the series guide out online and you'll see.

Btw when I used sky+ it, it used always cut out before the program ended so I record the program on after it too just in case ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

syklops wrote: »
    Christ no wonder they are losing money. Buying brand new programmes and putting them on at times when only night workers and insomniacs can watch them.

I was looking at the TV guide a while back and saw I great movie, "Great lets watch that" I said, only to realise it started at 5 to midnight on a week night.

Buying them up so TV3 can't.
    "Who cares what time we put them on at"
    The crutch of the licence fee continues.

mikom wrote: »
    Buying them up so TV3 can't.

I was enjoying the New Zealand drama "Outrageous Fortune" on TV3 (they showed 3 seasons) when it was dropped for Play TV.

That was then replaced with Psychics Live.

I would imagine TV3 is busy searching for the next big money-maker rather then buying quality Antipodean drama.

• Advertisement

Poochie05 wrote: »
    The Sky + app says season 3...
    Hope not, unlikely they aired s2 already and we missed it, think between us someone on Boards would've spotted it starting

Anyway, Sky+ set to record

Season 2 it is. I'm glad I didn't miss it.

After spending five months in Baltimore, Nina returns home ........

Season 2 it is. I'm glad I didn't miss it.

After spending five months in Baltimore, Nina returns home ........

Good stuff, hopefully Sky+ did its magic during the night and I have it to look forward to this evening!

Why are RTE showing season 2 again ffs. It was season 2 that they last showed a few months back.

Why are RTE showing season 2 again ffs. It was season 2 that they last showed a few months back.

Well there are at least 2 posters here happy with the repeat showing of the 2nd season.

Hopefully the third season won't be too far behind.

Hopefully the third season won't be too far behind.

Over a year later but never mind, season 3 starts on RTE1 at 2:00am on Friday 15th August.

I'm afraid I couldn't wait anymore so found some Aussie cousins who sent it to me and I've watched up to end of Season 4!
    No spoilers but not sure I want to watch S5 which is currently airing in Oz due to the story direction in S4, was really annoyed ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭blue banana

I see Season 6 started on Rte1 last week.

I see Season 6 started on Rte1 last week.
    I posted that in the Irish Premiere Dates thread.

I got tired waiting for RTE so I got the DVD's off Amazon.

Season 7 aired in Australia last year but there will be no season 8 this year.

Maybe next year.

https://www.nowtolove.com.au/celebrity/tv/tv-shows-not-returning-2018-42632

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

I watched all 7 seasons on Netflix....what a great show. Disappointing there won't be a season 8 yet....hopefully it does come back though!!

Advertisement