Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

work experience for ACCA

Options
  • 14-01-2013 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

hi guys,

I completed my degree in accounting in 2005 and the took a job in a completely unrelated field, im looking at a career change and i'm starting back in doing my P's in the ACCA in febuary. I am currently doing shift work and have 2 week days off each week.

To complete my ACCA and fulfill their requirements I'll need to undertake a trainee-ship with an accountancy firm to both build up expierence and have them sign off on me, my question is this-
    1. is there any accountant's who would potentially employ me as a trainee for two days a week?
    2. how feasible is it to become a qualified accountant in these circumstances? 3.How long would it take?

any help is greatly appreciated

note- i cannot afford to leave my current employment at the moment to start a full time accountant trainee-ship(money just too poor) with mortgage, bills etc...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

I think you'd find it tough to get such a position and get paid. You might find unpaid?

Time wise to be qualified, 3/2*5 = 7.5 years :D

However, i'm sure you'd look to move into a full time accounting role within a certain period of time.

Good luck

Advertisement