Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telescope Questions

Options
  • 14-01-2013 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭

Hi ,after having my first telescope for a few years from lidl I decided it was to upgrade .I was thinking about this one but have a few questions which I hope somebody might be able to help me with :).

If using this for terrestrial viewing do I need to get another eyepiece?

Can it be controlled manually using the remote?

Its says "For daytime terrestrial use, the instrument is quite capable of focusing down to 8 meters" what does this mean ?

Would it be a good next scope from the lidl Bresser 70?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

Snowc wrote: »

Nope, provided eyepieces and prism for reverting picture should be fine.
    Can it be controlled manually using the remote?

Yes, you can skip alignment and select speed/direction directly on handset.
    Its says "For daytime terrestrial use, the instrument is quite capable of focusing down to 8 meters" what does this mean ?

It means that using the least magnification eyepiece you will be able to focus starting at 8 meters and beyond.
    Would it be a good next scope from the lidl Bresser 70?

Definetly ;) -- From 0 to 100 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Snowc

Thanks a million for the reply:) will go for it so,hopefully there may be some crisp clear nights in the not to distant future .....

Advertisement