Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internship in Air Cargo shipping company

Options
  • 14-01-2013 7:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

My background is Accounts and Tourism and I've decided to change a career.I studied (2012) Air Cargo Diploma by IATA and wish to get more work experience in this field.I was looking for shipping company wishing to get me the opportunity to work for.
    I'm mature guy (34 years) and my goal in the future is to run own pet shipping business.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭The Apprentice

I cant say i can give you advise on Anything got to do with the Air Cargo division but as a future Pet shipping business i would certainly do a lot more research to see is there a full time business for this..

I have done work last year on a similar Air cargo company and some of the keywords that were related were dog shipping, pet shipping from ireland to the eu etc, and it was top10 keywords after 1 month.. Meaning that it was very uncompetitive and did not have the traffic that the company had sought.
    Judging by the data i have seen, especially from an online perspective its not something im going to discourage you to go into but it is certainly one i would tell you do vast amounts of research on !!

The preveriable pie here is all on contacts and experience i have seen, perhaps it may be different now, and would be hard to take a great share of it to support your business model..

Advertisement