Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teaching English in Dubai

Options
  • 14-01-2013 7:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys, just wondering about teaching English in Dubai. I have the 140 i-to-i TEFL course and I'm halfway through a years teaching contract in South Korea, which I love, but think I'd like to give Dubai a go as I have family there. Is it true you need a CELTA and how easy is it to get a one year contract? Anyone know of any companies, aside from TeachAnywhere and SABIS, I've tried already. Or does anyone have any contacts there I could maybe get in touch with? It's actually hard to find jobs online....cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 smetol

Hi, Maybe not in Dubai but in Oman/Muscat there are still advertising jobs for English teachers at the universities.

sasf90 wrote: »
    Hi guys, just wondering about teaching English in Dubai. I have the 140 i-to-i TEFL course and I'm halfway through a years teaching contract in South Korea, which I love, but think I'd like to give Dubai a go as I have family there. Is it true you need a CELTA and how easy is it to get a one year contract? Anyone know of any companies, aside from TeachAnywhere and SABIS, I've tried already. Or does anyone have any contacts there I could maybe get in touch with? It's actually hard to find jobs online....cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Emma240

does i to i, tefl courses not suffice to teach in dubai?

Advertisement