Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jamma fever

Options
  • 13-01-2013 11:27pm

Lads I dont know whats wrong with me!
    I got the fever!
    I'm not even finished the current mame project and I've decided I want a Jamma cab,
    (Altho the misses doesn't know yet):D
    What will I buy?I dont know yet!
    I'll prob have a good few quid to spend.1000+
    Say I found a cab in the uk,how much would shipping be?
    obviously depends on size but say a larger heaver cab like a Astro city?
    Or I know someone here brought one in from japan?
    Where do you start with that?

Thanks lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,541 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Either Ronnie in the Netherlands (RKLOK) or else that guy in the UK, what's his name, Jeff!

Postage from the NL costs 195 euro. Astro itself would probably cost about 700. So your budget will cover it :)

o1s1n wrote: »
    Either Ronnie in the Netherlands (RKLOK) or else that guy in the UK, what's his name, Jeff!

Postage from the NL costs 195 euro. Astro itself would probably cost about 700. So your budget will cover it :)

Sweet as a nut!
    Have they sites with info and do they keep stock?
    (Edit found it)

Master of the Universe

Here's Ronnie's site - http://www.rklok.nl/

He usually updates the for sale forum on Arcade Otaku when he has some for sale. Hasn't put any up in a while, be best to send him an email. Of the two, he gets in a really wide variety of stuff.

Here's his thread. He puts cabs which are for sale in the very first post. If you cant view the forum then just post a few times on the other ones as it's only for members. Really worth having access to though.

http://forum.arcadeotaku.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=16732

Digital systems Design is the Jeff lad. He has an ebay store where he lists stuff. Doesn't have the variety Jeff gets in. Usually has Astros/Atomiswave SDs and Blast Cities.

http://stores.ebay.ie/Digital-Systems-Design/_i.html?rt=nc&_sid=461292773&_sticky=1&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14&_sop=3&_sc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

if I was to buy a cab now I'd hold out for one with rotate.
    ie. egret2
    just my opinion tho

Master of the Universe

Problem with that though is they come up so rarely that you'd be waiting an eternity for one. :(

I've had my eye out for an E2 now for a few years and I can't say I've ever been in a position where there was one available for an Irish person to buy.

Best you could get is to see one appear on AO and drive over to the UK. But even that would be a rare occurrence.

• Advertisement

Thanks lads,
    Its deffo going to happen in the next 6 months I reckon.
    Im right in saying that jamma+ is backwards compatible yeah?
    I'd have to budget that into it too.
    How much does a virtua tennis etc go for?

I'd be up for the drive to the uk but last time I looked the boat was silly money so prob be cheaper getting a courier unless you were picking up 2 or 3 cabs

The Namco Exeleena 2 is savage,
    I'd jump on that if I had the cash right now!
    But I better clear the credit card first, :(

Master of the Universe

urbanledge wrote: »
    The Namco Exeleena 2 is savage,
    I'd jump on that if I had the cash right now!
    But I better clear the credit card first, :(

Well at least now you know you have options! :) He's after adding a New Net City now. Very good price for that, 795 euro.

Yeah I was emailing him earlier,
    I'm still not 100% on what will play what games etc etc
    Im sure they all have there pros and cons.
    Another one I love the look of is the neo geo super 29
    he said they go for 750 + 195 delivery.
    I'll keep researching,I got a lad in the where house in work to ring the freight company we deal with.
    They said they'd get a cab from any of there depos in the uk to our factory in tallaght for 60e!
    Thats a special rate coz we do so much business with them.
    Another option tho if I found a private sale.

Master of the Universe

It's pretty straightfoward with what'll play what games.

All these old cabs have a jamma edge connector. All the games you will want to play will 99% have a jamma edge connector.

Meaning it's all compatible.

The only thing you have to look out for is screen resolution. So you want to see what kind of monitor the cabinet has.

Old games will all display in 15k. Think Neo Geo games, Capcom CPS1 and CPS2 etc. Most of the things you will want to play are 15k.

Older cabs tend to be 15k only. (My one is).

The newer cabs with 'tri sync' monitors display all three resolution types.

That's the main thing to look out for anyway. It's all very easy thankfully :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,154 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

@urbanledge: If you're thinking of going the candy cab route then check out the links below if you haven't already. Pay attention to the wiring among other things, not all cabs are Jamma. Plenty of research is your best friend.

http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Beginners_Guide_To_Candy_Cabs
    http://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/List_of_Candy_Cabinets

Thanks lads,
    Still not sure what I want,
    Will prob go with a candy tho .Ive always had a soft spot for SNK!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

New Net city is JVS so you will need to get the namco Jamma converter off Ronnie too, think its an extra €100

Or if its mame you want to run I got this also.

http://jvspac.kirurg.org/

Very interesting!
    Im not going to rust into anything anyway.
    Prob be March/April to be honest.

I just about have my mame cab finished now so I'll prob cool off a bit!(or could go the other way :D)

Just gotta sort the bezel today and get the glass re-tinted tomorrow,then its done!

Advertisement