Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will broadband work with a 3G Mobile router?

Options
  • 13-01-2013 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

Hey guys , I am currently getting Vodafone Broadband (I.e the broadband that you plug a wire into a socket in the wall to get internet) and right now I have Mobile Broadband with 3 ( I.e The USB stick).. I get wireless connection for the 3 usb stick by plugging it into a Router/Modem whatever you like to call it .. I was wondering will this router connect to the Vodafone Broadband? There is the port for the vodafone broadband there alright .. Im just wondering will it connect to it and send out the wireless connection or will I need to get another Router/Modem ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

What's the model of the router?

Some of these mobile broadband routers have an ADSL2+ failover feature, but usually there's only an Ethernet WAN port, not an ADSL (phoneline) port.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Hey Yall

Theres an Ethernet port there but the phone landline fits into it aswell perfectly .. Its a vodafone sharing dock EC9734

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

That's not an ADSL modem, it's not going to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Wotty

Does the router ave an ariel connection? If it does, you might be able to plug in an ariel to do the job for you?

Advertisement