Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving full time employment to complete degree(full time)

Options
  • 13-01-2013 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

HI Guys,

I completed the application SUSI form on 5/7/12 but didn't get a reply until the end of august, they said my parents details were not completed correctly but the time-frame was tight to make arrangements.
    (I live alone and have done since i was 18 so i assumed my parents details were irrelevant for the most part given i stated i was an independent student,I was accepted by the college into the 3rd year of a program, completed a level6 higher cert in 06)

I just have a question,

• Do they consider you for all potential benefits?(fees, allowance etc) and then respond with whichever one your entitled too.

I have read through the site but am still unsure about the different types of benefits available that are specific to my situation. They were rushed and unclear on the phone. Id imagine thats because of the sheer number of applications so i hope there is someone here who has gone through this process before. I have never received a grant before.

Thanks in advance for ANY advice, what should be reletively straight forward has become confusing, much appreciated.

S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,932 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

What age are you?

You can't be considered as independent until you are 23 or over

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement