Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Shower or Thermostatic Shower Faucet

Options
  • 12-01-2013 11:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi, just wondering if anyone could tell me what the differences are between an electric shower and a thermostatic shower faucet?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

There are three different types of showers that use electricity used in this country.The first type is whats generaly called a pumped electric shower it takes water from your water storage tank in the attic. Inside the shower is a pump which pushs the water through a small vessel with an element that heats the water instantly. (example Mira elite)
    The second type is an electric shower that uses the water mains preasure to push the water through the heating element .This shower has no pump (example mira sport)
    The third type of shower is called a power shower it takes water from your hot water cylinder and your cold water tank and pumps them through,this is ideal if you usually have a good supply of hot water in your cylinder(mira event)
    I hope i have been some help to you,other popular showers to look up are triton and aqualisa.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

An electric shower is basically what the previous poster described , I think what you mean by a thermostatic shower faucet is this http://www.showers-direct2u.co.uk/shopscr776.html
    This does not use electricity directly but instead you would generally use a pump in your hotpress and pump the hot and cold from your hotpress to the valve shown in the link .

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Megan1993

thanks, it's because i'm getting a shower in my house and i want this one http://www.lightinthebox.com/color-changing-led-shower-faucet-with-8-inch-shower-head-hand-shower_p219173.html but i'm wondering does it work from the water heater or electricity, i'd rather if it worked from the electricity

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭jjf1974

Works of your hot water supply.you will need apunp on your hot and cold supply if your system uses gravity preasure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Megan1993 wrote: »
    thanks, it's because i'm getting a shower in my house and i want this one http://www.lightinthebox.com/color-changing-led-shower-faucet-with-8-inch-shower-head-hand-shower_p219173.html but i'm wondering does it work from the water heater or electricity, i'd rather if it worked from the electricity

If you are thinking about this shower, you will need a 3 bar pump & will need to consider upgrading tge size of your hot water cylinder as you are unlikley yo have a sufficent hot water storage supply

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Megan1993

haha thanks guys, looks like i'm getting an electric shower...

Advertisement