Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8 - internet connection sharing problem

Options
  • 12-01-2013 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I have no idea how to use ICS in windows 8. I have an o2 dongle and I'm trying to share this connection to the Ethernet for my Xbox live. It just displays unidentified network under the Ethernet icon.

I had no problem doing this with my old windows XP laptop. I've used the same steps but it's just not working. I've done so much searching for solutions and just can't find one that works for me.

Has anybody else had this problem or know how to do it properly??? The help would be much appreciated! Really don't know what to try anymore

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

dont ya have to have a special dongle for xbox?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭darren2368

dont ya have to have a special dongle for xbox?

Not that I know of? Like I said, it works just fine with my xp laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

darren2368 wrote: »
    Not that I know of? Like I said, it works just fine with my xp laptop.

is it a wired connection to the xbox?

is it a wired connection to the xbox?

It is yep, using the original Ethernet cable that came with the Xbox.

The dongle and the cable, that's all I use. Share the dongle connection with the Ethernet, sounds simple but just isn't at all in win 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 McGeough123

Yeah, I have the exact same problem. It was working great with windows xp and windows 7 but I just cant get it to work with windows 8.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I have the exact same problem. It was working great with windows xp and windows 7 but I just cant get it to work with windows 8.

Hadn't tried it on windows 7 but yeah, don't know why they had to change it. I can create an ad hoc network but that's sharing the connection wirelessly. I'd still like to find out if I can just share it through the Ethernet.

Advertisement