Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tempest 18, February????

Options
  • 12-01-2013 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭

it has come to my attention that it is the start of the new year :p so this ultimately its a new year for FIGHTING.

I will need some feedback from fellow fighters inside or outside the tempest tournaments to question resent changes or point out flaws in the system.
    more so i would like fresh eyes to point out what should or needs or would like to see or change in tempest.

also tempest will return in feb so i need you guys to tell me what day would suit you for this month

thanks

Shokashi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Nevflinn

A Tempest would be a great thing to brush off the last crumbs of Christmas dinner with! As always, I'm busy up the walls, but I wish this event all the best. I'll try to pop in if time permits!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Misty Chaos

Guys, just so that you know, Tempest 18 is going to be my last Tempest. I'll be shipping off to Down Under in March.

With that in mind, I'll be having a going away party for family and friends on the 23rd of February ( at night, of course. ) So I'm going to propose having a Tempest on the 23rd of February. That way, anyone who wishes to travel for Tempest will have an incentive to stay the night as well as being able to get in some games during the day as well. This is also in keeping with having Tempest on the 4th Saturday of every month.

Now, I'm well aware that owing to scheduling, people's work commitments or finances ( I'm well aware of that that many of you will be going to WGC the week after ) that not everyone from outside Cork will be able to make this. If you can only make Tempest, that's cool.

If anyone is interested, PM me for details.

Aside from that, I'm be doing the usual in regards to bringing equipment - which also reminds me that people will need to be more willing to bring equipment in future as with my departure - Tempest and casuals will be losing access to an Xbox.

I would like to have some casuals between now and then, though. Apart from that, I can't really think of anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

Shokashi wrote: »

I will need some feedback from fellow fighters inside or outside the tempest tournaments to question resent changes or point out flaws in the system.
    more so i would like fresh eyes to point out what should or needs or would like to see or change in tempest.

needs more MK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

needs more MK

Whens Marvel?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Shokashi, I suggest you speak to Voa, who may be organising another tournament in Feb.

And don't do it the weekend of the 14th if you want me recording :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

Well I think misty's suggestion is good, and I'll certainly be there. I'm sure steez will be along, and seanalot might be along too.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Shokashi

Shokashi, I suggest you speak to Voa, who may be organising another tournament in Feb.

thanks, i will give em a shout to see what the score is. but as it is mistys send off it will most likely be the last sat of the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I'll be there along with a monitor, I'll bring an xbox too if we have a spare monitor to hook it up.

Few snaky goin away pints in the pub after Temapest???

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

Speaking of recording, if my brother and I are able to make it, I'll be able to bring along an HDPVR2 and laptop to record a direct feed from a second setup. No mics, but I'd still prefer this to some shaky cam.

• Advertisement

On the subject of recording, if ye lads think ye can make it try and let us know in advance. The room we have Tempest in is not as uniform as the exchange, from what I've seen when I attended tournaments there, and there may need to be significant setting up of the place with regards to space and stuff if ye're bringing a lot of gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

mackg wrote: »
    On the subject of recording, if ye lads think ye can make it try and let us know in advance. The room we have Tempest in is not as uniform as the exchange, from what I've seen when I attended tournaments there, and there may need to be significant setting up of the place with regards to space and stuff if ye're bringing a lot of gear.

Not a lot of gear at all. Pretty much the laptop and a small box that can be placed on top of it. I assume it's still taking place in the Mardyke, so the only thing we'll really be looking for is an extra couple of sockets.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Valormeer

I will be in attendance for Mahvel and AE. If it is on the 23rd of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭raah!

I saw a drunken Mack in the city and he promised casuals! I would love some casuals, plus Silver Squeeel can give me my ae disc. I haven't been able to play it in ages, since he squeeeled on me. Just call him Squeel for short.

raah! wrote: »
    I saw a drunken Mack in the city and he promised casuals! I would love some casuals, plus Silver Squeeel can give me my ae disc. I haven't been able to play it in ages, since he squeeeled on me. Just call him Squeel for short.

I was actually going to post about this today but yeah, I wouldn't mind some casuals either before the next Tempest - It's being way too bloody long!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Have you guys decided on a date?

If so I'd recommend adding it to the subject line.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

i want to visit tempest at least once

as of when it will be. ill sort it out with misty chaos fair well send off tourny.the last Saturday of feb. so I'll sort it out for the 23rd of feb. so book your days off for then and i will soon post the starting time too

now couild someone help me, i cant figure out how to change the title of this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Shokashi wrote: »
    now couild someone help me, i cant figure out how to change the title of this thread

Only mods can edit posts after a certain date.

Report your own post, and put the new subject line/ body text in your reporting note; then Azza or Doom will swap it in the next time they're online and about.

• Advertisement

raah! wrote: »

Hmmm... Yeah I'm going to Tralee this Saturday for a christening but Saturday week is a possibility if ye want to use my place. Somewhere more central would be good though. I'm in anyway as long as it isn't this Friday or Saturday, could make it up for this Sunday afternoon but wouldn't have any gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DrDrago

Looking forward to the next Tempest, even if I'm totally out of practice. If we get enough people maybe we can get a side tournament set up, whether it be sf4 randoms/umvc3/sfxt 2013 I'm sure it'll be hype. :D

Only mods can edit posts after a certain date.

Report your own post, and put the new subject line/ body text in your reporting note; then Azza or Doom will swap it in the next time they're online and about.

I think you're better off sending a PM to Doom or Azza instead of reporting the post - Again, just say that you want the topic title and body text change and type what you want and they'll change it for you.

Advertisement