Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Lough Ree Islands Tour Guide Training Programme

Options
  • 12-01-2013 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

http://www.activelink.ie/node/11231

Interesting reading for all those interested in Lough Ree.

Background:

In 2011 the three Local Development Companies with responsibility for the administration of the Rural Development Programme (LEADER) in Counties Westmeath (Westmeath Community Development Ltd), Roscommon (Roscommon Integrated Development Company) and Longford (Longford Community Resources Ltd) commissioned a research project on the islands of Lough Ree. The main islands were surveyed to identify how best their tourism potential could be realised for the benefit of the island owners and their families.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

An Ri rua wrote: »
    http://www.activelink.ie/node/11231

Interesting reading for all those interested in Lough Ree.

Background:

In 2011 the three Local Development Companies with responsibility for the administration of the Rural Development Programme (LEADER) in Counties Westmeath (Westmeath Community Development Ltd), Roscommon (Roscommon Integrated Development Company) and Longford (Longford Community Resources Ltd) commissioned a research project on the islands of Lough Ree. The main islands were surveyed to identify how best their tourism potential could be realised for the benefit of the island owners and their families.

That's fierce interesting right enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

I knew there'd be discerning well-travelled diaspora like yourself that would appreciate it. Thanks for the incisive input.

I knew there'd be discerning well-travelled diaspora like yourself that would appreciate it. Thanks for the incisive input.

It would help if the link that you posted actually linked to something even remotely relevant to our post....

Personally I'd like to see the Lough Ree islands left natural and unspoilt, not vandalised on the pretext of promoting tourism - The best contribution the islands can make to tourism and the beauty of Lough Ree is to remain exactly as they are.

Do you remember those "Shannon Safari" cowboys - They didn't last long...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Long Gone wrote: »
    It would help if the link that you posted actually linked to something even remotely relevant to our post....

Personally I'd like to see the Lough Ree islands left natural and unspoilt, not vandalised on the pretext of promoting tourism - The best contribution the islands can make to tourism and the beauty of Lough Ree is to remain exactly as they are.

Do you remember those "Shannon Safari" cowboys - They didn't last long...

This sounds like backseat modding to me. I started the thread, not you. I linked to the correct article to MY post and MY thread.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

In future if you have an issue with a post, just report it.

It appears that the link in the OP doesn't work any more (it leads me to a "Page not found" error at any rate). Bumping a thread over a year and a half old to make what seems like a snide remark, though that may not have been the intent, isn't helpful. If you wish to debate what you feel should be done (or not done) with the islands, feel free.

• Advertisement

This sounds like backseat modding to me. I started the thread, not you. I linked to the correct article to MY post and MY thread.

You have no basis whatsoever for your ridiculous accusation of "backseat modding".

You started the post ? - Well Bravo ! Well done you ! .:)

You linked to the correct article ? - I'm afraid not. The link is to an article completely irrelevant to the subject under discussion.:rolleyes:

Your thread ? ? So you think that you own the thread do you ? - And you have the nerve to accuse me of "backseat modding" ! LOL .:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Locking this, it's going to go nowhere. Long Gone, I said if you have an issue with a post, report it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement