Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(work) outlook rule won't forward to external Gmail

Options
  • 12-01-2013 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

I want to forward messages from my work email to my external gmail via a rule. Set up a rule and ran the rule. Messages appeared in the outlook sent folder but nothing has appeared in Gmail.

Can anyone explain why this may be the case?

I can forward a single message to Gmail but I would prefere the rule to work going forward.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭tony81

It's possible the server is blocking them. Are you sure your company's I.T policies actually allow you to do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

tony81 wrote: »
    It's possible the server is blocking them. Are you sure your company's I.T policies actually allow you to do this?

That all I can think off that's preventing the rule working rather than a single message being forwarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

Hi,
    You can follow these steps :
    1 - Select Tool option in Outlook menubar
    2- Then 'Account Settings'
    3- click more settings then Select outgoing server
    4- Check outgoing server with authentication
    5- Log in to incoming server
    6- Now, send the mail to external account

Regards:
    Jane

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Thanks Jane.

I can't find the Tools tab in Outlook 2010.

However via help I can go "File", then "Option" but even in this window, I cant see anything relating to "Account Settings".

Any idea's.

I'll give soon and forward them one at a time.

most workplaces will stop this from working deliberately even though you can actually create the rule. Ask IT dept. I would suggest if this is the case.

• Advertisement
Advertisement