Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passworded phone

Options
  • 12-01-2013 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi folks

I am not sure if I am in the correct forum but I had to hand back my work phone whilst I am off sick with a work related injury.

I thought I had wiped it clean but just remembered I forgot to clear the emails!

I did have a password on it for security can they change/remove this as I believe my boss took it to the phone shop :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Yes.

But without know the make and model can't give you any more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭TheminxIRL

Thanks for the response, its an iphone 4

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

For the simple reason of privacy no one should ever use any device over which they don't have total control for anything they consider private.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

TheminxIRL wrote: »
    Thanks for the response, its an iphone 4

If the iPhone has an apple id/ iCloud setup on it you could potentially do a remote wipe of the phone via logging in to the iCloud, find my device, and erase phone.
    If your device is lost or stolen, you can erase the personal information (such as your contacts, email, and music) and settings on that device to prevent anyone else from seeing or using your information.

(do read all the information at the link above if you decide that this is an option for you)

I'd make sure no one was using it at work - just from your employer's perspective, or your could be putting yourself on a collision course with them.

Worth chatting to them first to see whether it is being used or not at the moment.

Advertisement