Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mitsubishi Evo Remap

Options
  • 12-01-2013 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I need to get an Evo 8 remapped. Where would ye recommend I get it done? I heard off Ai Motorsport and Chipped Ireland?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭JimmyCrackCorn

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68973274&postcount=2

Plenty of companies with good results in the country at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 JHS VIII

Thanks for link, very useful. Is there anybody that has any personal experiences of getting an evo remapped in ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

tdp and martin tracy would be the only people id bring an evo to as they both run evos in the irish time attack series. both have a great reputation as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,620 ✭✭✭Graham_B18C

I was in an Evo V that was tuned by AI Autosport, it was an antichrist. The guy that owned it swore by them. Other than using their dyno once, I've no other personel expierence with em

chriity139 wrote: »
    tdp and martin tracy would be the only people id bring an evo to as they both run evos in the irish time attack series. both have a great reputation as well

Thanks for the info.

• Advertisement

I was in an Evo V that was tuned by AI Autosport, it was an antichrist. The guy that owned it swore by them. Other than using their dyno once, I've no other personel expierence with em

Yes ive heard that Ai carry out excellent work, thanks for info.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

TDP would be top of my list anyway

TDP would be top of my list anyway

Will look into them, cheers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

That list needs to be updated by the mods to include TDPs details (Trackday Performance).

Can you update it please.

Thanks.:)

@ JimmyCrackCorn and Graham_B18C.....

Can either of you please update that list then to include TrackDay Performance.

www.tdp.ie

Trackday Performance
    Rathnew Industrial Estate,
    Rathnew,
    Co.Wicklow
    Ireland

Telephone 0404-62650
    International 00 353 404 62650

Thanks.:)

• Advertisement

Updated since last night a 1am my time.

Also removed Custom Metal Works who are no longer trading.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Andy_Dublin

Ive had mine mapped by AI, TDP, Couture Auto and CW Performance.

Current map was done by AI with a Vipec ecu. Best map I've ever had on a car but Johnny is a bastard to get hold of. No dyno so road mapping only. TDP and Couture Auto I wouldn't use again for reasons that will stay unmentioned. CW Performance built my last engine, still going strong and had a map on stock ecu. Was happy enough with them.

The currently hot mapper is a chap called Aonghus who maps using Couture Autos Dyno Dynamics. He is from Galway and maps everything. I can give you his number if you want it via PM.

Westward wouldn't map my car, even though my mechanic is good friends with Martin. Strange.

Updated since last night a 1am my time.

Also removed Custom Metal Works who are no longer trading.

You forgot to put TDP in the Performance Parts & Tuning section

Thats what they do (racecar builds,engine building)...aswell as dynoing and mapping cars and rally/race cars

Done.

Anyone who wants anything else PM me

Now back on the who mapped an evo and did a fantastic job topic. (cracks whip):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Wouldn't be bothered with TDP, have seen first hand and heard of other cases that have gone wrong as a result.

AI or Joe Power would be the best, Joe was in Belgium recently mapping an Evo X I think.

Wouldn't be bothered with TDP, have seen first hand and heard of other cases that have gone wrong as a result.

AI or Joe Power would be the best, Joe was in Belgium recently mapping an Evo X I think.

Well Im a very happy customer of TDP and have been for quite a few years now.I have had engines built for me by them,cars built from the wheels up,custom CNC machining work done,billet alloy motorbike parts fabricated and many a live mapping dyno session after bespoke parts were made and added by them to my cars.TDP have been very good to me over the years.

Im not into this..."I heard this or he said she said" type of talk/posting either.

So I tend not to bother with all that jibber jabber

Regards.

All tuners have had issues. If they haven't then they haven't been tuning.

Engines every now and again go pop. The simple fact is an engine runs best right on the limit of where it is about to spill its guts.

It got to be hard to have an engine on the dyno and have no idea of what gremlins may be within.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

paddy147 wrote: »
    Well Im a very happy customer of TDP and have been for quite a few years now.I have had engines built for me by them,cars built from the wheels up,custom CNC machining work done,billet alloy motorbike parts fabricated and many a live mapping dyno session after bespoke parts were made and added by them to my cars.TDP have been very good to me over the years.

Im not into this..."I heard this or he said she said" type of talk/posting either.

So I tend not to bother with all that jibber jabber

Regards.

I'm glad you're very happy using him.

However, I've seen it first hand with people's cars who i'd trust. The quality of work generally isn't fantastic.

Taking the above into consideration, I'm recommending someone else.

Robbie isn't exactly the most open person to talk to and can be very arrogant, unless you have him build you a time attack car or the likes then you're his best friend (spending 20/30K).

Doesn't seem to realise that the bread and butter of the motor/tuning industry is having a large amount of cutomers who return on a regular basis therefore constant income. Customer service really does go a long way and since Cathy left that went by the wayside. My own experience went pear shaped and cost me an 8k euro engine. That is all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement