Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dab stations lusk?

Options
  • 11-01-2013 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

We got a denon dab d8 micro hifi for christmas and tuned in all the DAB stations and were listening away to them until this week when they have become all garbled like there is serious crosstalk going on. The aerial is in the same position and nothing really has changed in the house so what could be the issue? Maybe the weather or something? If its that i need a stronger aerial, i have a saorview aerial on the chimney - could i spit this and run it to the dab aerial connector on the hifi? Will a saorview aerial pick up DAB stations? Cheers Mick

p.s. i have reset the hifi and retuned the DAB stations and it makes no difference

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭micks_address

well to answer my own question. it was down to reception issues, i split the feed from the aerial on the chimney that i'm using for saorview and hey presto perfect DAB reception.. 18 stations picked up.. whats the difference between dab and dab+ versions of stations?

Cheers,
    Mick

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Haven't had issues out this direction (Roberts 202 radio), but I don't listen to much DAB, tbh. Where you have it in the house hardly makes any difference..?

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭vinnielo

The main difference between DAB and DAB+ is in the use of the audio coding algorithm.
    DAB+ uses a more efficient codec which means the datarate can be lower but still kept at a similar perceived audio quality.
    Just listen to the one you personally think sounds better.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Whispers

What stations can you get on DAB? I have a Roberts radio (live in Lusk) and can only get the RTE stations. Can you get any other stations?

See the following: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DAB_in_Ireland seems all the other stations were switched off

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭Fran1985

That wiki page is miles out of date. Get more info here http://www.dbdb.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭micks_address

Yeah its mainly the rte stations i think there is an all 80s channel in there somewhere.. its funny i noticed that as part of operation transformation they are plugging rte pulse, they state in the programme its available on the rte website, soarview and fm radio but no mention of DAB... i guess the future is bleak...

Advertisement