Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uninstall and reinstall Win 7

Options
  • 11-01-2013 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭

XP was oringinally on Laptop and I have no XP disk and there is no trace of XP anymore on the laptop, ie no old.win

I have win 7 Ultimate on a laptop which is running slow, I have no important items on this laptop, I want to reinstall win 7 so it clean all information so laptop will be less congested, I tried looking on utube but can't seem to figure out best way to do it, any ideas

So do I have to uninstall the reinstall win 7
    I have the win 7 disk

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

You could do a system restore, you could search the net for Windows 7 Ultimate ISO image and download it and either burn it to a DVD disc or make a USB bootable and as long as you have the genuine windows key you'll be alright.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

may be worth trying to recover it.

if it's only recently slow then do a system restore to when it was last OK

do a check for malware - if that's the cause then chances are that you could get hit the same way again

do a hardware diagnostic, really just a harddrive scan on the off chance it's on the way out but it'd probably be making scary noises

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

what spec do you have on your computer
    in may be just a case where you laptop cant keep up with the new software.

I found that itunes ( even when not running) is a nightmare- was draining a 3rd of my cpu when i hadn’t used it in months. I Only noticed it when i looked at a cpu widget

how you would do it is just install over the existing windows , when you pop in the cd it ask you after a few moments where to install and you just hit ( i believe its) F to format the drive and then install windows 7 on that

however , it might not be the best solution. it may work great at the start but by the time you install basic programs , it will begin to slow down again

Advertisement