Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So...just completed SUSI online 2012-2013...wtf?

Options
  • 11-01-2013 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

As in title I just put myself through the whole process of the online application side of SUSI.
    At the beginning there was some paltry option of selecting whether you are applying for 2012-2013 or not. There was no other option to select from.

This should really be 2013-2014, should it not?
    I Googled 'SUSI grant application 2013-2014 not running yet' (pages from Ireland) but got no hits.

I have no experience of third level education or financing, I just thought I'd go ahead and see what may but I reckon I have just wasted 40 minutes of my life on an application which will go nowhere :(

Anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 redrozy

csi vegas wrote: »
    As in title I just put myself through the whole process of the online application side of SUSI.
    At the beginning there was some paltry option of selecting whether you are applying for 2012-2013 or not. There was no other option to select from.

This should really be 2013-2014, should it not?
    I Googled 'SUSI grant application 2013-2014 not running yet' (pages from Ireland) but got no hits.

I have no experience of third level education or financing, I just thought I'd go ahead and see what may but I reckon I have just wasted 40 minutes of my life on an application which will go nowhere :(

Anyone?
    If you applying for 2013/2014 you will have to wait until June.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

So does that mean there's another application in the system for which no supporting documentation will be sent in?

As if the whole set up isn't bad enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,980 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

The 2013 applications won't open til June

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

redrozy wrote: »
    If you applying for 2013/2014 you will have to wait until June.

If only they had said that on their homepage...

Advertisement