Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Last ever Strikeforce

Options
  • 11-01-2013 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Anyone know how to watch this weekends final strikeforce event?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Internet is probably the only way.

It's a pretty good card, I hope Nate gets a big win

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭magicherbs

what happens to scott coker after this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

magicherbs wrote: »
    what happens to scott coker after this

To Quote John Laurinitis: "I would like to take a moment to wish Scott Coker all the best in his Future endeavours."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I'm sure he got a nice few quid for his troubles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Dean09 wrote: »
    I'm sure he got a nice few quid for his troubles.

I'm sure he did. Who knows. He might even help GLORY establish itself in the US now that they're going to be on Spike TV.

• Advertisement

You'd think they would try to keep him rather and have him work for them rather than let him free to help some other promotion

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

Can't find any bookie offering odds on tonight's action.

Tried Paddy Power, Boyle, and 888.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

Wow Jacare might very light work of Ed Herman, he'll be a great addition to the UFC.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

No surprises so far with some impressive performances

Frank Shamrock looks like hes made of plastoic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,485 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    To Quote John Laurinitis: "I would like to take a moment to wish Scott Coker all the best in his Future endeavours."

why are you putting that shít in an MMA forum?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Plastikman_eire

callaway92 wrote: »
    why are you putting that shít in an MMA forum?

Might be because it's directly related to the event being discussed?

Your comment on the other hand...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Not a bad fairwell show. Not as spectacular as the last WEC though.
    Was not expecting that from Saffiedine. Fair play.

KJ was robbed. That was a farce. Seems the judges preferred flashiness over effectiveness

• Registered Users Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭p to the e

Not a bad fairwell show. Not as spectacular as the last WEC though.
    Was not expecting that from Saffiedine. Fair play.

KJ was robbed. That was a farce. Seems the judges preferred flashiness over effectiveness

Just finished watching the event and I'm in shock at that robbery.

As for Marquardt,
    I remember after the Chael Sonnen fight Dana White said that Marquardt bottles it when it comes to the big fights. looks like he wasn't far wrong. Big win for Saffiedine.

Gegard Mousasi should be on his way to some big fights in UFC. About time.

Cormier was just toying with a very mismatched opponent.

I think Anthony Smith looked quite decent until Roger Gracie took him down. Then it was goodnight.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

lol another shocking MMA judges decision.

Hope Kj comes to the UFC, he's always great to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 leno1979

Cormier is a beast, imagine him at 205!!Would love to see him v Cain but they prob wont fight so if he drops he will be a wrecking ball

• Registered Users Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

p to the e wrote: »
    Just finished watching the event and I'm in shock at that robbery.

As for Marquardt,
    I remember after the Chael Sonnen fight Dana White said that Marquardt bottles it when it comes to the big fights. looks like he wasn't far wrong. Big win for Saffiedine.

Gegard Mousasi should be on his way to some big fights in UFC. About time.

Cormier was just toying with a very mismatched opponent.

I think Anthony Smith looked quite decent until Roger Gracie took him down. Then it was goodnight.
    In fairness, Marquardt looked very good when he knocked out Woodley for the inaugural title.

Ush1 wrote: »
    In fairness, Marquardt looked very good when he knocked out Woodley for the inaugural title.
    I suppose inconsistent is a better description then. He's able to KO Demian Meia in no time at all, beat up Palhares and KO a very game Tyrone Woodley then lose decisions to Sonnen, Okami and Saffiedine who were all pretty much the underdog coming into their respective fights. Okay Okami may have been a tough matchup and we know how Sonnen got on but I still think Marquardt would have been tipped to beat them at the time.

I wonder if he'll get another shot in the UFC. A rematch with Palhares could be good viewing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I wonder if he'll get another shot in the UFC. A rematch with Palhares could be good viewing.

Marquart's fighting at a different weight class now at Palhares is banned for a year so it won't be happening in the near future. It would definitely be interesting to see how he does against Koscheck/Ellenberger et al. Have to say I was dissapointed with him the other night though.

I can't help think of Paul Daley though, Dana White made a point of saying that Daley will never fight in the UFC again and he hasn't. He made a similar statement regarding Marquart.

Forgot about the Palhares ban even though I'm the one that posted about it before.

An Ellenberger matchup could be decent but I could see him getting someone more like Dan Hardy.

As for the ban, I think Marquardt has a solid enough fan base behind him along with a relatively known name. If he's matched up with the right fighter a lot of money could be made and then Dana wouldn't give a crap.

I suppose inconsistent is a better description then. He's able to KO Demian Meia in no time at all, beat up Palhares and KO a very game Tyrone Woodley then lose decisions to Sonnen, Okami and Saffiedine who were all pretty much the underdog coming into their respective fights. Okay Okami may have been a tough matchup and we know how Sonnen got on but I still think Marquardt would have been tipped to beat them at the time.

Yeah he's had some really disappointing fights, sometimes he just never gets going, I honestly thought winning the belt might help him a lot with the mental side of things but it doesnt look like it did :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭pauldoo

• Registered Users Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Love to see Jacare against either Okami Lombard winner, or Chris Weidman. Didn't think he'd handle Ed so easily, very impressive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 182 ✭✭magicherbs

i think jacare would make ****e of maia

• Registered Users Posts: 17,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Aye. He made Herman look like a total amateur. Really looking forward to him in the UFC

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

magicherbs wrote: »
    i think jacare would make ****e of maia

Maia fights at 170. Jacare just fought at 193. Don't think they'll be fighting anytime soon.

They've met at least once in a BJJ comp when they were both MWs

Advertisement