Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residential property price register

Options
  • 11-01-2013 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭

Looking on http://www.propertypriceregister.ie I can see that a few houses down my way that went sale agreed in october last year still are'nt showing in their database, is there a lag or are agents managing to circumvent the listing :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

sales probably not completed. you cant circumvent it.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Luca Brasi

D3PO wrote: »
    sales probably not completed. you cant circumvent it.

Its not the sales agents responsibilty to report the sale. Its the solictors. It is of no benefit to them not to report the sale and in any case they can charge their client for the extra"work" involved

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

Luca Brasi wrote: »
    Its not the sales agents responsibilty to report the sale. Its the solictors. It is of no benefit to them not to report the sale and in any case they can charge their client for the extra"work" involved

i never said it was the sales agents responsibility......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭xper

Bambi wrote: »
    ...went sale agreed in october last year still are'nt showing in their database...
    3+ months between going sale agreed and everything getting signed, sealed and delivered and stamp duty being paid (the last step that triggers the listing on the RPPR) is not at all unusual for a sale that involves a mortgage application and/or a sales chain. Throw in a couple of weeks over Christmas where the whole process slows down even more and I am not surprised that uch properties are not yet on the database.

It should also be noted that addresses on the register, especially in rural areas, can be quite different to what you might be expecting so some of them could be up there but you simply haven't found them when searching. Its a very basic search facility.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 manmayajob

Hi All,

This an urgent query to understand a weird situation. I am in the process of buying a new home, booking Deposit paid, 10% of contact paid, and recently got my 1st snagging and sale is not yet closed from our side (neither my solicitor nor from me) but while checking property price register randomly, I see my house is already sold in the month of June 2023 on property register website? I don't have any clue what does it mean.

I informed my solicitor, builders, and selling agent immediately. not expecting any reply on the weekend but would like to get some insights from anyone who is aware of or faced this situation before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Q&A

At a guess I'd say it's a misprint. If it's a new development it's very likely that the the addresses of the properties are similar. It's possible another solicitor incorrectly filled in the info when registering a separate property on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Claw Hammer

Solicitors don't do it. Solicitors only stamp the deed and it is the stamping office which cause the registration. The deed can be stamped up to about 6 weeks after the closing without penalty. The search system on the PPR is poor and a search for Park will not show houses registered as PK.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭Madd002

Dont trust property price register, I seen a house listed as sold for 88k about 1km from me last February. There was the address and eircode, it didn't have any for sale signs up either.I couldn't believe it as I would've sold up and bought it to downsize. Anyhow, my husband was doing mains work outside a few wks bk outside said house and met the owner who he welcomed to the area, she replied we've lived her for 15yrs, so he told her what I found. She said he was the 10th person who said it to her but don't know where they got information from.(reason I never met them in 15yrs was that they they travel up and down to Dublin for work and no kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,870 ✭✭✭con747

Why don't people just open a new thread instead of bringing a 10 year old zombie thread back to life.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The stamping office haven't dealt with ordinary Stamp Duty applications in over a decade since the advent of e-Stamping. If you went into Dublin Castle with a physical deed these days, you'd have a hard time finding anyone who even remembers the old system.

The solicitor has 44 days from the date of execution to file and pay a return online and then it takes 2-4 weeks to appear on the Property Price Register.

The less said about the quality of the data, the better but it should be pointed out that the Revenue filing has to follow the deed or else the filer may be subject to criminal sanction under section 1078 of the Taxes Consolidation Act (as amended).

• Advertisement
Advertisement