Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current and business accounts. Advice needed

Options
  • 11-01-2013 1:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

I have two accounts in BOI, a personal current account and a business current account. I'm dissatisfied with the service, specially regarding fees. Because of that I use a credit card based in a foreign EU bank.
    The last straw occurred recently when I was informed I couldn't do regular inter-European transfers anymore to cover my credit card expenses unless I made them for €3000 or more. Of course, you can still do urgent transfers, but only because BOI can charge for this service and not for the regular transactions (as per European law).
    So my question is, do any of the Irish banks have a decent personal-business accounts combo? And will I be able to transfer smaller funds to European banks for no extra charge? If any other user has the info or can direct me to a comparison website I'd be very grateful. I've been to the National Consumer Agency but I couldn't find this.
    B.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 raouls

Out of interest did you find any good info on this? While I've 'put up' with BOI for the last number of years, enough is enough and I very much feel the need to find out if there is a better business / personal bank.

Many thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Biggies

Hi there,
    I could not find any combo that satisfied my needs without incurring excessive charges. Eventually I closed my business account and now I use a credit union account as my business; even though that's not really in their terms and conditions. The only difference is that when I get paid by cheque I specify that they should be given my real name and not my business'.
    I hadn't logged into here for 3 years. Glad to know it still exists.

Advertisement