Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to next?

Options
  • 11-01-2013 12:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys,

Heres where im at at the moment. I have an engineering degree but I am looking to get into IT. I am currently studying for the CompTia A+ (one exam done so far). I intend to move on and study further and am trying to decide what route to take. I was all set on the Cisco route but over the last week or so ive been looking at IT roles on the jobs websites. A lot of them are mentioning required skills such as 'Active Directory, Server 2003/2008, Vmware, Citrix, none of which i have. Does the Microsoft MCITP cover those topics?

Im wondering now about the Cisco route. Jobwise now and over the next few years would you think a Microsoft MCITP would benefit me more than the Cisco route.

I know its very hard to say and of course i should just go for the job i would enjoy most but im just wondering when it comes to decent job prospects which route would be better.

I was thinking would i be better off doing a part time IT Postgrad or Grad Dip instead of certs? I cant really find any suitable ones though as im not in dublin so the cert route might be the only available option for me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Get an MCSA:Windows 7 Desktop Technician
    Exams 70-680, 70-685

You will be doing Desktop support first, then move on to the CCNA study on the job, look on jobbridge foe entry-level jobs

Advertisement